“The first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency. The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency.” -Bill Gates
This is exactly why Magna’s industrial engineering approach combined with the latest workflow automation software is required to not only automate and ease the task but also improve efficiency. We do however not limit ourselves to one software brand nor do we have a one-size-fits-all approach. Each project, process, solution and budget is unique and is dealt with as such.
But what is workflow automation? In short it can be described as the use of computer based software technology to increase the efficiency of a workflow process by improving the coordination of the activities of the people involved. Workflow automation aims to inform the right person about a required action given the right information at the right time. This can be achieved through the implementation of email or web based software among others.
The advantages of workflow solutions include but are not limited to the following:
- The number of manual task required can be greatly reduced, thus freeing up staff for more important task such as customer relations management;
- Paper based documents can be eliminated or significantly reduced;
- Consistency and thus reliability is improved;
- Errors are reduced by limiting the different paths within the process. Documents cannot get lost or sent to the wrong department;
- Increased profit due to the reduction in costs such as printing, rework and staff.